The Skype app for Android is now receiving an update which brings some useful features along with it. The app has long been criticized for not being able to show notifications immediately as the messages are sent, but Skype claims that this particular issue has been fixed. The update also brings a new picture in picture video chat mode, letting you continue the call even if you’re using another app. The video call box will shrink into a corner of the screen as shown in the screenshot above. This feature has been available on Skype for tablets, but is now accessible by smartphone users as well.
Here’s the complete changelog for the update:
- Chats load faster, especially when opened from a notification.
- Picture in picture view lets you keep a video call going – for phones now too!
- Receive photos from Skype for iPhone and other new clients.
- Supports formatted text: *bold* _italic_ ~strikethrough~
- Native Support for Hindi – SAHI!
It’s important to note that Skype hasn’t made any changes to the UI of the app, so don’t expect any different as far as appearance is concerned. However, it’s pleasing to know that the makers have fixed one of the nagging issues with the app.
Source: Google Play Store
Via: Android Police