The Sprint variant of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is now getting the update to Android 4.4.2 with the build number T217SVPUBNE7. The update will be rolled out in stages, so don’t fret if it doesn’t appear immediately on your device. The update has been long overdue as Google is already transitioning into Android 4.4.3.
But coming from Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, the update is quite significant for the Galaxy Tab 3. And considering that this is the carrier variants of the tablet, the delay in the rollout doesn’t surprise anyone. With all that being said, it’s commendable of Samsung to provide an update to a device which was marketed as a budget offering last year.
Checkout the changelog for the update below:
- New Lock Screen Access – Media Controls, Camera Shortcut
- SMS App Chooser – select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars – status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- Consolidated Location Settings – location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed
You can find more details on the update from Samsung’s official page here.
Via: Android Police