In just a few hours after it went live, Motorola’s “Try and Buy” promo already sold out. This promo allowed potential customers to try out the Moto X for two weeks for just $0.01 and if not satisfied can return it at no further cost. However, if the customer wants to keep the device then Motorola will charge the retail price to the credit card used to make the down payment.
The promo started at 12AM EST June 9 and by 9AM EST the company announced “That’s It. Thanks for being a fan! We’ve sold all the Moto X phones we allotted for this promotion.” The company however didn’t disclose how many Moto X devices were made available for this promo.
Those who were lucky enough to avail of a Moto X should expect their devices to arrive soon. The 14-day trial begins as soon as the device arrives. At the end of two weeks Motorola will charge your credit card with the full retail price. Customers who want to return the device must do so before the trial period ends so as not incur any charges.
Moto X is the first device that Motorola released after Google acquired it. This device which was released in August of last year comes with a 4.7-inch display, runs on Android 4.2.2, and sports a 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro chip. It was initially announced that this model will be made in the U.S. in a Texas plant however last month the company announced that it will be manufacturing the device in China and Brazil.
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE; quad-band UMTS/HSPA support
- 100Mbps LTE with a second dedicated antenna
- 4.7″ 16M-color 720p AMOLED display,316ppi pixel density,Gorilla Glass protection
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with stock UI
- Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon Pro chipset
- dual-core 1.7GHz Krait CPU
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 16/32GB of built-in storage
- 10 MP autofocus ClearPixel camera with LED flash
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps with HDR, continuous autofocus and stereo sound
- 2 MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- Wi-Fi b/g/n/ac; Wi-Fi Hotspot
- GPS with A-GPS; GLONASS
- microUSB port with USB host
- Bluetooth v4.0 LE
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Dual-microphone noise cancellation
- Touchless Control, Active Notifications
- Ambient light; accelerometer; proximity sensor
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Moto Maker user customization program
- 2,200mAh battery