Fuhu, a company known for creating Android tablets for kids, has partnered with DreamWorks Animation in bringing the highly anticipated nabi DreamTab HD8 to the market. This is a powerful 8-inch Android tablet designed specifically for kids allowing them to develop their creativity. The tablet makes it easier for kids to draw, animate, author their own books and edit movies like a pro.
- OS: Android 4.3, Jelly Bean
- Display: 8-Inch, Capacitive, Multi-Touch Display, 1920 x 1200 Pixel Resolution
- CPU: NVIDIA Tegra 4 T40S, Cortex-A15 Quad-core (4+1 cores), 1.6 GHz with burst speed to 1.8 GHz
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB, Expandable via MicroSD (Up to 32GB)
- Camera: 5MP rearm 2MP front
- Battery: 4500 mAh
- Network: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n Dual Band, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS
- Size: Width: 9.3 Inches (236.37 mm), Height: 6.39 Inches (162.39 mm), Depth: 0.83 Inch (21.15 mm)
- Weight: 4.1 lbs (1.86 kg)
Jim Mitchell, CEO of Fuhu, announced that “The nabi DreamTab was built to help parents inspire and nurture the traits that come from learning how to be creative, think creatively and see the world creatively. The nabi DreamTab is equipped with tools that foster art and critical thinking. We partnered with the DreamWorks Animation, to unleash your child’s creativity and sense of wonder. We are the first kid’s tablet to include a digital stylus that writes just like a pen for your little painter, story- teller, animator, and photographer. The nabi DreamTab was made just for them.”
Jim Mainard, DreamWorks Animation’s head of digital strategy, also added that “Fuhu is bringing new levels of innovation to the kids tech space so we jumped at the opportunity to work with them to elevate the overall tablet experience. Today’s kids are savvy consumers, so we enlisted the DreamWorks Animation filmmakers and artists to work hand-in-hand with our innovators to ensure that the nabi DreamTab would resonate with kids in a big way.”
While the device itself runs on Android 4.3 Jell Bean it also makes use of an all-new operating system overlay called Blue Morpho which brings more than 400 features designed for kids and has advanced technologies in the areas of stylus and NFC to make the device easier to use.
Some of the key features of the nabi DreamTab HD8 include the following
- Dream Pro Studio: This powerful suite of tools teaches kids to draw, animate, author their own books and edit movies.
- Dream Pen: This is a Wacom high precision digital stylus, the same device used by DreamWorks animators. It is very accurate and sensitive allowing for kids to further enhance their creativity.
- nabi Konnect: This tool allows parents to manage one-to-one safe connections for their children to communicate with family and friends.
- Wings Learning System: This is an adaptive learning system that personalizes the courseware for each child.
- nabi Play, nabi Web and nabi Radio: Provides tons of kid friendly content
- Treasure Box and nabi Coins: Treasure Box is a store that sells all sorts of kid friendly digital content with nabi coins serving as the currency of choice. Parents may reward their kids with nabi coins after the completion of specific chores.
- nabi Time Controls: Allows parents to set time limits on the usage of the tablet.
- NFC gaming platform: First tablet to incorporate NFC into mobile gaming
- nabi Utilities Suite: A suite of utilities which teaches kids to read the time, know more about the weather, and manage a calendar.
- nabiGator remote parental controls app: An iOS and Android app that allows parents to remotely monitor the nabi DreamTab HD8.
The nabi DreamTab is now available at Wal-Mart and Target with a retail price of $269