The Dell Wyse Cloud Connect is a small piece of device that runs on Android and custom software by Dell which is used to turn any monitor or TV into a working computer. You basically just plug it into the HDMI port on your large screen display and you will be able to run Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. While this isn’t the first Android TV stick to hit the market it is one of the first to have enterprise features.
Dell is now rolling out an update for this device that brings in new features. In addition, an Android app called the Cloud Connect Controller app is now available for download for free at the Google Play Store. When this app is installed in a smartphone it can connect via Bluetooth with the Wyse Cloud Connect and can act as a wireless keyboard and mouse.
Here are the new features of the update
- Cloud Connect Controller App: You will be able to transform any Android device into a controller for use with Wyse Cloud Connect. Once p aired via Bluetooth you can use your tablet or smartphone as an input device.
- Advanced Capabilities for Digital Signage: This feature allows users to install and update digital signage through a secure digital (SD) card inserted into Cloud Connect. Users will also be able to enable digital signage persistence and integrity by configuring lock screen and stay-awake settings and disabling notifications.
- Improved User Experience: Administrators will now be able to bypass the Cloud Client Manager (CCM) log-in and boot directly into the main login screen. The interface has been given a cosmetic change to give it a more desktop look.
- Google Dynamic Touch: The device can now detect touch compatibility for any app downloaded over at the Google Play Store.
- Dell Wyse vWorkspace client inclusion: This feature now comes preinstalled in the device along with Citrix XenDesktop and VMware Horizon View.
- Operating System: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Display: Additional power and control offered by MHL, HDMI/MHL equipped video interface, 1080p Full-HD resolution support
- Processor: Dual-core Cortex-A9 ARM System-on-Chip (SoC)
- Netwroking: 802.11 a/b/g/n dual band wireless (data), Bluetooth v4 (Peripherals)
- Ports: MHL/HDMI video interface, DisplayPort video interface, 1x USB mini for peripherals (keyboard/Mouse), 1x Micro USB host port / External power input, 1x Micro SD card slot (expandable up to 72GB flash storage
- Connectivity: Bluetooth pairing button, Citrix Receiver, VMware Horizon View client, MSFT RDP
- Memory: 1 GB RAM, 1x Micro SD card slot (expandable up to 72GB flash storage),Flash Memory 8 GB (up to 40GB with addition of a 32GB SD card)