Have you ever wanted to own a smartphone that could run on both the Android and Windows platform? You should check out Atlas, a premium smartphone with a sleek aluminum body that is able to dual-boot between Android 4.4.2 and Windows Phone 8.1. This device not only brings the best of both systems but also aims to redefine the mobile gaming experience with the help of its high end hardware.
- Octa-core 64 Bit Processor ( Max 2.0 GHz frequency – quad core A57, Quad core A53)
- 4 GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 5 inch Full HD 1920x1080p IPS LTPS Capacitative touchscreen
- 16 MP rear camera with 1/2.3″ image sensor and F2.2 lens element
- 8 MP front camera
- Support for LTE advanced and maximum bands
- Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC, Dual band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- 3500 mAh Li-ion battery (user replaceable)
- High power Stereo Speakers and Noise cancelling technology for voice calls
- High Performance Audio DAC with 117 dB SNR ratio
- 3.5mm audio jack
- micro-usb 2.0 with support for fast charging
- accelerometer, gyro, proximity sensor, compass
- 32/64 GB eMMC 5.0 memory
- microsdxc slot with support for upto 128 GB cards
- Dimensions 136 x 69 x 9.5 mm
From its specs alone you can see that this is going to be a monster device that would even put some of the current flagship models to shame. It sports a 5-inch Full HD display, an octa-core processor, 4GB of RAM, and uses a 3500 mAh battery that should be sufficient enough to last more than a day of moderate usage.
If the internals of the device is already impressive then its external is even more impressive since it is made of brushed aluminum. Its elegant curved body has a premium feel to it. The aluminum frame can be easily taken out to access the battery, microSD, and micro-SIM compartments. The frame can easily be replaced with a new one once the old one gets too many scratches.
One of the main features of this device is its ability to dual boot between Android and Windows. Consumers can easily shift between Android 4.4.2 and Windows 8.1 with just a press of a button (device rebooting will occur). Whichever operating system a user chooses, personal data such as photos, videos, or audio will still be accessible. This device runs on stock Android and regular update support will continue up to at least two years after its release.
Right now Atlas is running a funding campaign over at Indiegogo. The target is to reach the goal of $1,947,000 for the campaign to be funded. If you wish to support Atlas you can donate $649 which will get you a 32GB version of the device in either white or silver. The expected delivery date is June 2015.