ZTE first announced its flagship phablet in an event held in Beijing last March. Now we have information that the first batch of ZTE Nubia X6 to hit the market has sold out in just 9.8 seconds. This is even faster than some of the records held by Xiaomi. How these Chinese companies are achieving this is still a mystery to me.
The ZTE Nubia X6 is being sold in the Chinese market however the company has not disclosed how many units were made available for the first batch. Without this data, the record sales time is incomplete. Our best guess is that the company released a few thousand units for its initial batch. Even if the number of units sold is a few thousands the 9.8 second record is still pretty impressive.
ZTE announced that the second batch of units will be arriving this coming May 27 and will still be sold in China.
- Network: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2, CDMA 800) 3G (HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO) 4G (LTE 1800 / 2600, TD-LTE 1900+/2300/2600)
- OS: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Display: 6.44 inches IPS LCD, 1080 x 1920 pixels 342 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8974AB/ MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801
- CPU: Quad-core 2.3/2.5 GHz Krait 400
- GPU: Adreno 330
- RAM: 2 GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32GB/64GB
- Rear Camera: 13 MP, optical image stabilization, autofocus, dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 13 MP, autofocus, [email protected]
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: non-removable Li-ion 4,250
The ZTE Nubia X6 is a phablet with a large 6.44-inch display that uses a powerful Snapdragon 801 processor. It comes with dual-SIM functionality allowing users to be on two networks at the same time. This device cones with LTE support which gives it blazingly fast Internet connection speeds.
Despite having a large display the Nubia X6 still manages to have a slim profile having only a 7.99 thin metallic body. It also has narrow bezels allowing its display to look good.
One interesting feature of this device is that it sports a 13MP front camera that comes with an autofocus feature. As far as we know this is the first device to have a front camera with this feature. With lots of people now taking selfie shots this model will prove to be very useful.
Another outstanding feature of this device is that it with three mics for noise cancellation. This greatly improves its call quality.
Finally, the inclusion of a large 4,250 Li-Ion battery means that this device can be used for an extended period of time before the battery gets drained.