Hugo Barra has just announced on his Google+ page that the Android 4.4 developer version for the Xiaomi Mi3 has already been released. The ROM is now available for download at the company’s website which when flashed on the device brings it to Android 4.4 KitKat. Since this is a developer edition a few bugs here and there are to be expected but then if users are willing to test out the latest MIUI features then this won’t matter at all.
The latest ROM is called MIUI 4.5.9 (V5）and a file size of 349MB. Some of the improvements and changes of this version are listed below.
- Xiaomi Mi3 WCDMA/CDMA will receive OTA update to Android 4.4 KitKat
- Optimization – Show pop-up notifications when clicking URL in MMS
- Fix – Sometimes app might FC when enabling cloud messaging in Mi Cloud
Lockscreen, Status bar, Notification shade
- New – Number of an app’s notifications shown on its icon supports third-party customization
- Optimization – Icons of toggles in the Notification shade
- Optimization – Status bar style
- Optimization – Do not support swipe down gesture for floating notifications
- New – App names and other home screen elements will automatically change colors with wallpapers
- New – Support auto-filling blanks after batch deleting icons in home screen editing mode
- Fix – Sometimes, icons were repeated
- Fix – Sometimes, icons in the Dock were in wrong order
- New – Support syncing songs to Mi Cloud (Settings – Mi Cloud – Music)
- Optimization – Use high definition pictures in the online music details page
- Fix – Incorrect round corners in the online music details page
- New – Show searching results in a new page after choosing Find in page for selected text
- New – Data saving mode
- New – Online page text font will change with theme font
- New – Support WML page
- Optimization – New kernel supports system theme font
- Fix – Music would continue playing after being discontinued
Other improvements were also done on mail, calendar, and the security of the device.
If you own a Xiaomi Mi3 and would like to take this developer version out for a spin then head out over to the Xiaomi page and download the ROM. Once downloaded, you can then proceed to flash it on your device.
- Download the developer ROM version 4.5.9 （V5）
- Connect the Xiaomi Mi3 to the computer and copy the downloaded ROM to the downloaded_rom folder of the SD card.
- Open the Updater on the launcher, press the Menu button and then press Select installation file. Choose the downloaded ROM from the downloaded_rom folder.
- Once the update has finished reboot the phone to complete the procedure.
via hugo barra