There have been many smartphones in the past that lay claim to the title of being the world’s thinnest however with manufacturers constantly releasing new models this title constantly gets transferred. Right now the “world’s thinnest 4G smartphone” goes to Vivo X3L which has already been released in the Chinese market. This device is an update to the previously released Vivo X3 which now comes with a 4G feature.
So what made the BBK Vivo X3L deserve this title? Its body of only 6.75 mm thin is the main reason behind this. Despite being very thin this device still packs in some serious hardware power similar to that of the Vivo X3. It sports a 5-inch display with a 720p resolution. It uses an unspecified quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor which we believe is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8926. It uses 2GB of RAM and has 16 GB of internal storage space.
- Networks: GSM (GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900), TD-SCDMA2000, TD-SCDMA1900, TD-LTE2600 (B38), TD-LTE2300 (B40), TD-LTE1900 (B39), TD-SCDMA, TD-HSDPA, LTE
- Dimensions: 71.1 x 143.3 x 6.75 millimetres
- Weight: 166 grams (battery included)
- OS: Google Android 4.3 FunTouch OS 1.2
- Display: 5-inch IPS TFT, 720 x 1280
- CPU: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8926
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB expandable using microSD
- Rear Camera: 8 MP autofocus with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP
- GPS: Assisted GPS, QuickGPS, Geotagging
- Wireless LAN: 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery: 2360 mAh
The Vivo X3L comes with impressive specs that may not be of a flagship model caliber but nonetheless it still packs some power to it. Its 5-inch display with 720p resolution is just right for viewing various multimedia content. Its use of a quad core processor combined with 2GB of RAM will provide a smooth user experience and can even handle some of the latest HD games out in the market today.
The key feature of this device is its ability to connect to a 4G LTE network. This allows consumers to experience blazingly fast Internet speeds allowing for quick access of websites or fast downloading of files.
This device has a dual-SIM functionality which means that it can connect to two carriers simultaneously. Most phones made in China come with a dual-SIM feature and it’s no surprise that BBK made this feature present in this device. Phones that can connect to two networks are popular in most countries and among prepaid consumers since they can choose which carrier to use for calls and for text messaging based on the rates being offered.
The Vivo X3L is now on sale for 2498RMB or roughly $401 and can be bought at the Vivo online store and Tmall.