Are you looking for a fun and easy way to learn to speak the English language? If you own an Android tablet that uses an Intel Atom processor then you might want to check out the SpeakingPal English Tutor application that’s now available over at the Google Play Store. The app allows non-native English speakers to improve on their English skills right from their screens.
The company behind this app says it has been designed to take advantage of the features of Intel Atom processors however it works fine even on ARM-based Android tablets. It can even be installed on smartphones however the limited viewing real estate doesn’t make it conducive to learning.
According to Eyal Eshed, CEO of SpeakingPal, “We want our SpeakingPal English Tutor app to encourage quick and fun acquisition of English for everyone. So this latest optimization with Android tablets helps to achieve that goal in terms of access and portability. The app runs so perfectly, and the sound is so clear through the high quality audio, users will be fluent in no time.”
The app comes with a voice recognition feature and a virtual speaking partner so users will be able to improve on their speech in virtual conversations. Several tools such as video, text and audio, are included to provide immediate feedback on the way words are properly pronounced. It also comes with several skill levels ranging from beginner, intermediate and advanced to properly match a user’s skill set.
Some of its key features include
- Talk in English with a video character
- Automatic speech recognition understands and rates your speech
- Get instant color-coded feedback on your pronunciation
- Record and compare your speech with a native English speaker
- Topic based dialogs are humorous and short – practice takes a few minutes
- Unlimited opportunity to practice all sentences
- Rich multimedia – text, voice, and video
- Beginner, intermediate and more advanced levels
- Videos of how to say all English sounds
- Vocabulary aid
- It’s easy, fun and takes just a few minutes a day!
The app has a file size of 19MB and requires a device running on at least Android 3.0. It’s currently available free to download however will have in-app purchases for additional content. It currently has a 4.1 star rating out of a maximum of 5 stars over at the Google Play Store.