When Oppo announced its new smartphone last March called the Find 7 it actually announced two versions of the device. One version called the Find7a has a 5.5-inch display with a 1920×1080 pixel resolution and is already available in the international market. The Find 7 on the other hand is the better version with the same 5.5-inch display but having a higher resolution of 2560×1440 pixels among its improvements.
Oppo is now taking in pre-orders for the Find 7 in China which is expected to start shipping out by May 29. The device costs 3,498 CNY or around US$564. Those living outside of China can expect to get this device as early as June when its international launch will begin.
- Network 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900), 3G (HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 – international model), 4G (LTE 800 / 1800 / 2600 / 2100 – international model, LTE 700 / 1700 / 2100 – Mexico & US model)
- OS: Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- Display: 5.5 inches IPS LCD, 1440 x 2560 pixels, 534 ppi , Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801
- CPU: Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400
- GPU: Adreno 330
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- Rear Camera: 13MP, autofocus, dual-LED flash, videos at [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Battery: Li-Po 3000 mAh
What’s probably the strongest selling point of this device is its use of a 2K display that’s designed to provide the highest resolution available. Its display is also designed to be tough having a Gorilla Glass 3 protection. The touchscreen works flawlessly even when water droplets are present or when the user is wearing gloves making it ideal for use in wet environments.
Those who love to take photos will definitely love the camera of this device. The 13MP rear camera uses an IMX214 CMOS sensor made by Sony. It has a 1/3.06 imaging module and a wide f/2.0 aperture which allows more light to come in translating to great photos taken even in low lighting conditions. It even has a 32 second long exposure mode which can be used to take night shots.
Not only is this device great for taking photos but its video capability is also amazing. This device is able to record 4K videos with HDR and slow motion capabilities.
The Find 7 does not sacrifice anything in physical design. Its body is made of a solid titanium-aluminum alloy frame which not only gives it a solid premium feel but actually works by dispersing heat allowing the device to stay cool.
The Oppo Find 7 is definitely one of the better Android smartphones that will hit the market soon.