One of the highly anticipated Android devices to be released this year is the OnePlus One. Who wouldn’t be interested in getting a device that comes with high end specifications and a price starting at only $299? Several select markets around the world will be getting this device and now that it has successfully passed the tests conducted by the FCC it will soon become available in the US market.
While most of us already know the specs of the OnePlus One what’s probably new information is the fact that it comes with a microSD support of up to 32GB. This was never mentioned before however in the user manual submitted to the FCC it is clearly indicated. On page 24 of the manual an entry states “Micro SD card extension support: The maximum Micro SD card memory supported by this device is 32G, allowing great promotion of storage. To prevent harm to your device, please use an authentic SD card.” This device underwent a teardown process from the guys over at IT168 and the device didn’t have a microSD card slot. This could be an error in the part of the user manual or there’s going to be a variant released which supports microSD.
The OnePlus One device that passed through the FCC comes with support for LTE bands 4 and 17. This means that it can take advantage of the LTE network of AT&T and T-Mobile. Consumers interested in getting this device won’t be able to do so from the carriers though as OnePlus will be handling the sales directly and will be selling the device unlocked. This device won’t even be sold the traditional way. Those interested in getting it may do so by having an invite first which can be acquired from those who already own the device or by entering the company sponsored contests and promotions.
- Display: 5.5 inch JDI LTPS IPS with TOL, 1080p Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels), 401 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- Operating System: CyanogenMod 11S based on Android 4.4
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 2.5GHz Quad-core CPUs
- GPU: Adreno 330, 578MHz
- RAM: 3 GB LP-DDR3, 1866MHz
- Storage: 16/64 GB
- Rear Camera: 13 Megapixel – Sony Exmor IMX 214, Dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 Megapixel
- Connectivity: GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz), WCDMA (Bands: 1/2/4/5/8),LTE ( Bands: 1/3/4/7/17/38/40)
- Wi-Fi: Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
- NFC: 65T
- Positioning: Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS, Digital Compass
- Battery: 3100 mAh Li-Po
The OnePlus One is an impressive Android smartphone that has a great hardware and software. It runs CyanogenMod out of the box and with a price tag of only $299 for the 16GB version and $349 for the 64GB version it’s definitely one of the smartphones to look out for.