Having a problem getting those elusive OnePlus One invites? The company has finally announced the criteria which would allow a potential buyer to purchase the 64GB Sandstone Black OnePlus One. Everyone has a chance to get an invite from those who have just learned about this smartphone to those who have been following its development for quite some time.
One way to an invite is by joining two upcoming contests that the company will soon be hosting. Details about the contests haven’t been given out yet but rest assured we will be giving our readers updates on this
Another way to get an invite is by being a member of the official OnePlus forum. Those who have supported the company from the beginning have a bigger chance of scoring an invite compared to newcomers as what is detailed in the company’s latest forum post.
The requirements to get an invite will be based on three criteria
- Your “forum age” – the earlier you joined our forums, the higher you will be ranked
- Your participation – you must have a minimum amount of posts (it’s less than what you think!)
- Recent activity – we want our members to still be with us!
As usual, the previews rules on how to use the invite still works. This means that once you get an invite you will have 24 hours to use it otherwise it will be passed on to the next person in the queue.
The company announced that “With this invite, you’ll finally have the chance to buy the phone you’ve been waiting for: the One. We want to protect the rights of our users and avoid accidentally creating a second-hand invite market, as such you’ll have 24 hours to make good use of your invite. If you decide not to use it, we will pass it on for you to the next person in the queue.”
If you have been an active member so a long time on the OnePlus forum and you are interested in getting the company’s first smartphone then you might be interested in this.
The 64GB Sandstone Black OnePlus One as its name describes comes with 64GB of internal storage space. This has a higher storage capacity than the regular 16GB model and is the company’s most popular model which is why they are increasing its production capacity. This device is expected to hit the market in the later part of May or early June.
- Network: GSM( 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz) WCDMA (Bands: 1/2/4/5/8), LTE (Bands: 1/3/4/7/17/38/40)
- Display: 5.5 inch JDI 1080p Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels), 401 PPI,LTPS IPS with TOL, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- OS: CyanogenMod 11S based on Android 4.4
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 2.5GHz Quad-core CPUs
- GPU: Adreno 330
- RAM: 3 GB
- Storage: 64 GB
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity and Ambient Light
- Rear Camera: 13 Megapixel – Sony Exmor IMX 214, 6 lenses to avoid distortion and color aberration, Dual LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 Megapixel
- Battery: 3100 mAh LiPo
- Dimensions: 152.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 5.71 ounces (162 g)
via oneplus forum