Customers of the Motorola Droid Razr HD and Droid Razr M from Verizon should soon receive an update to Android 4.4 according to changes made to the official support documents by the carrier. There appears to be quite a lot of changes on board the new update as these smartphones run a skinned version of Android unlike the Moto X, which is mostly stock Android.
You can find the complete list of changes as mentioned by Verizon below:
- A new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development
- Access SMS, MMS, and video calls in one place
- Google Talk has been replaced with Google Hangouts
- Supports location-sharing and animated GIF’s through Google Hangouts
- Full-screen album and movie art appear when streaming/projecting
- Play, pause and jump to a certain song or movie chapter easily
- Less invasive status bar
- Personalize messages with smileys, cars, animals and icons
- New DROID ZAP app interface, updated to v2.0
- Android Security Patches
- WiFi has been improved
- Roaming has been improved
The update could roll out to devices anytime within the next few weeks considering that support pages are already reflecting these changes. Although we can’t really say anything for sure especially when it’s a carrier like Verizon.