E Fun, a company based in California, has just announced the availability of its 8-inch Nextbook Android tablet in the market. This is the first Nextbook tablet of the company to use a quad core processor. It comes with a 7.85-inch high-definition touch screen, uses Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, and already has access to the Google Play Store.
According to Jason Liszewski, managing director and VP of sales for E FUN, “E FUN is one of the top selling tablet brands in the U.S. because of the great value our products provide to customers. The Nextbook 8 meets the sweet spot of design, performance and content partners, providing a great out of box experience for customers. E FUN continues to lead the way in quality, value-priced consumer electronics with our latest tablet introduction.”
- Android 4.2 OS (Jelly Bean)
- 8″ touchscreen, 1024 x 768 resolution
- 1.6GHz ARM Cortex A9 quad-core processor
- 1GB DDR3 of system memory
- 8GB internal memory, expandable via microSD card to 64GB
- Built-in 802.11b/g/n WiFi
- Dual webcams with microphone: 2-megapixel back-facing and 0.3-megapixel front-facing
- Micro HDMI port to send 1080p HD video to an HDTV or computer
- USB 2.0 High speed slot and microSD card slot for memory expansion up to 64GB
- Built-in G sensor
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
- Built-in b/g/n 802.11 Wi-Fi connection
- Weighs 0.86 lbs; 7.79″ x 0.37″ x 5.37″ dimensions
E Fun is a company known for releasing affordable tablets. Its previous products were not that popular among consumers despite being affordable since it didn’t come with Google services. The company has since added Google services in its new products to solve this issue.
On paper the 8-inch Nextbook Android tablet is a decent device considering that it costs only $100 over at Walmart. You will already be a tablet that uses a quad core processor combined with 1GB of RAM. This should be sufficient enough to provide a smooth user experience. At a resolution of 1024 x 768 its display is not one of the best that you can find however it’s not that bad either. If you use it to update your social networks, read emails, or watch streaming videos then its resolution will be fine. There’s a rear and front camera which you can use to take quick photos or use to do video calls with your friends.
This device comes with several apps pre-loaded in it so that it can be used immediately straight out of the box. It comes with Google Play as well as other Google apps such as Google Play Gmail, Chrome, Google Talk, Google+, Google Maps, YouTube, and Google Drive. It also comes with the Barnes and Noble NOOK for Android app that allows users to easily buy and read books.
The E FUN 8-inch Nextbook Android tablet is perfect for consumers looking for an inexpensive mobile device which they can use for simple everyday tasks.