Are you looking for a good deal on the Samsung Galaxy S5? You might want to check out the trade-in program of Target that allows you to trade-in your old qualifying device for a brand new Galaxy S5 for just $100. Of course there is a catch to this which is you will need to sign a two year contract with Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint.
The Target electronics trade-in program runs from April 11 until April 19. To qualify for this program a customer’s phone must be included in the Target trade-in catalog and must be in good working condition. The old phone can either be traded in-store or online.
If you prefer an in-store trade-in all you have to do is bring your device to the nearest Target store to get a quote. You will then receive a Target electronics card which you can then use toward the purchase of a Galaxy S5.
You could also do the trade-in online which might take a little bit more time. First you will have to search for your device if it is included in the catalog. A 16GB iPhone 4S for example that does not have a cracked display, has a functioning power button, and has the My iPhone feature deactivated costs $107. You will then have to ship out your device via UPS (shipping is free) after which the Target electronics card will be mailed to you.
AT&T is selling the Galaxy S5 at $199.99 on a two year contract. The carrier is also making this device available on its Next program where customers can either make $25 monthly payments for 26 months or $32.50 monthly payments for 20 months. Its non-contract retail price is $649.99.
Sprint is selling the Galaxy S5 at $199.99. The carrier is also making this available on its Easy Pay plan where customers can make a $0 down and $27.09 monthly payments for 23 months. Its non-contract retail price is $649.99.
Verizon is selling the Galaxy S5 at $249.99 with a two-year contract. This price however will come down to $199.99 after a $50 mail in rebate. The carrier is also making this device available on its Edge program where customers can make a $0 down and $25.22 monthly payments for 24 months. Its non-contract retail price is $599.99.
- Display: 5.1” FHD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080), 432 ppi
- OS: Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 MSM8974-AC
- Processor: Quad core, 2500 MHz, Krait 400
- GPU: Adreno 330
- RAM: 2GB
- ROM: 16 GB
- Camera Main(Rear) : 16MP (1/2.6”, Phase Detection AF)
- Camera Sub (Front) : 2.0MP (1920 x 1080, Wide-angle lens )
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer, Hall, RGB ambient light, Gesture, Fingerprint, Heart Rate Sensor
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac VHT80, MIMO(2×2), Download Booster (LTE + WiFi simultaneous reception), NFC, Bluetooth®: 4.0 BLE / ANT+, USB 3.0, IrLED
- Battery: 2800mAh