The HTC One M8 is expected to arrive this coming April 11 on T-Mobile with customers now able to pre-register for the device. Those who wish to pre-order this device are out of luck as registering only means that the wireless carrier will be getting your personal information so that it can inform you once the M8 becomes available.
It’s interesting to note that while the HTC One M8 is available only for pre-registration the Samsung Galaxy S5 is now available for pre-order on T-Mobile. Both flagship devices will be available on the carrier this coming April 11. While this could have been a decision made by HTC it seems to place them at a disadvantage over its South Korean rival.
To pre-register for the M8 you will need to fill up the online form which needs your complete name, email address, phone number, and zip code. Once you send in these details you will be notified by the carrier of the availability of the device.
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support; 42Mbps HSPA+; LTE connectivity
- 5-inch 1080p capacitive touchscreen, 441pi pixel density, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset
- 2.3GHz quad-core Krait 400 CPU
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat with HTC Sense 6
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz); DLNA
- Dual 4MP AF “UltraPixel” (2µm pixel size) camera with 1/3″ sensor; 28mm f/2.0 lens; dual-LED flash; HTC ImageChip 2
- 1080p video capture with HDR
- HTC Zoe
- 5MP front-facing camera with BSI sensor; wide-angle f/2.0 lens; HDR; 1080p video recording
- 16/32GB of built-in memory
- microSD card slot
- GPS with A-GPS; GLONASS
- MHL-enabled microUSB 2.0 port
- Bluetooth 4.0; NFC
- IR remote control
- Accelerometer; gyro and proximity sensor; ambient light sensor; barometer
- Fitbit fitness tracker app
- Active noise cancellation with a dedicated microphone
- Front-facing stereo speakers with BoomSound and built-in amplifiers
- 2,600mAh battery
The HTC One M8 is the successor to the HTC One M7 and comes with several improvements over its predecessor. It is made of a zero-gap aluminum body, runs on the Android 4.4 KitKat platform, and has an upgraded Snapdragon 801 processor. Its internal storage can also now be expanded using a microSD, a feature that was lacking in the M7.
The main strengths of this device include its build quality which is very solid since it is made of metal. It also has powerful stereo speakers in front that provide the best listening experience. Its powerful quad core processor combined with 2GB of RAM makes the device operate smoothly on any condition.