Samsung has launched a dual-SIM version of its current flagship model in China exclusively for China Telecom. This is a state-owned carrier that’s the third largest in China with an estimated 185 million subscribers. The Galaxy S5 with model number G9009D has one SIM slot that supports CDMA2000 while the other SIM slot supports GSM.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 G9009D has similar specifications with the S5 sold in the rest of the world. Its main difference is that it can support two SIMs and does not have LTE. Since China Telecom does not have an LTE network yet then this won’t be a problem for its subscribers.
- SIM size: Micro-SIM (3FF)
- 3G CDMA: CDMA 800MHz
- 3G UMTS: Only supports international roaming: 850/1, 900/2, 100MHz
- 2G GSM: GSM 850/900/1, 800/1, 900MHz
- Display: 5.1-inch Super AMOLED 1920×1080 (FHD) 16 million colors
- Processor: 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- Rear camera: 16MP ISOCELL
- Front Camera: 2MP
- Battery: 2800mAh
This device also has an IP67 certification making it able to withstand dust and water. There’s also a super power saving mode that can extend the standby time of the device. One thing that’s interesting to note is that it uses the same battery capacity as the single SIM model. With this device supporting two SIMs then it will definitely consume more power thus reducing battery life quickly.
Samsung Galaxy S5 G9009D Features
- 5.1-Inch Full HD display – Photos and videos come to life in brilliant colors.
- Real-time HDR shooting – The rear camera has an HDR shooting feature allowing for quality shots
- Quick Auto Focus – This model makes use of advanced phase detection technology allowing it to keep track of a moving target and still be able to record in high quality.
- Selective Focus – When taking pictures users can choose to either focus on the background or on the subject.
- Fingerprint sensor – This model supports fingerprint identification which further enhances its security feature.
- S Health – Provides a comprehensive health tracking management system.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 G9009D is available for pre-order at ¥5,299 ($853) and will ship out this coming April 11.
As of now there is still no information if a dual-SIM variant of the Galaxy S5 will also be released in the international market.