Whether or not the HTC One (M8) is better than the Samsung Galaxy S5 is a matter of heated debate and there are valid arguments on both sides. However, a leaked sales brochure has revealed how HTC is making its case against the Samsung flagship. The brochure talks about how sales executives should endorse the M8, especially when compared with the Galaxy S5.
Here are the key points mentioned in the document:
- Metal beats Plastic: subjective, no doubt. There’s no secret that metal gives the One M8 that more premium feel, though questions of durability and signal strength even out this particular area.
- Two powerful front speakers: can’t argue here. Nothing beats BoomSound (even on last year’s model).
- Easy one-handed use and faster access: they’re talking about the Motion Launch features, mainly. Samsung doesn’t have it. HTC does. Simple as that.
- World’s first Duo Camera with graphic effects: fun and cool, though the camera sensor itself is seen as inferior to the ISOCELL sensor on the Galaxy S5 (though UltraPixel can still hold its own).
- HTC delivers more value with HTC Advantage: free display repair, 50GB of Google Drive space, and a commitment to timely software upgrades. Samsung can likely match two out of three of those advantages (with the display repairs being left up to whether or not you decided to grab insurance for your device).
HTC certainly makes a strong case with its points, although we feel the Galaxy S5 trumps the M8 in the camera department, which is something the sales document subtly hints at as well. It should be seen if this new sales push will manage to convince buyers into getting the new HTC flagship.
Source: HTC Source