Are you interested in getting the OnePlus One? You might have to wait until late June to receive an invite for you to be able to get the device. Oppo has made a new announcement regarding the availability of its initial smartphone product. While the initial second quarter international release date is still on track, the company has made several adjustments due to the huge demand for it.
The OnePlus One has already been released a week ago with fans hoping that the device will become widely available soon. This isn’t the case though as what the company explained in its new announcement.
“In our updated plan, we prioritized for two aspects; time to market and availability of the high capacity model (in that order). We now know that people want the 64GB Sandstone Black far more than the 16GB Silk White, but we also know that more than everything, people just want to get their hands on the device as soon as possible.”
“What we’ve done is dramatically increase the amount of 64GB Sandstone Black models in our production plans, while producing 16GB Silk White as long as they don’t delay the time to market for Sandstone Black.”
Our production schedule is as follows:
- Ready now – 100 for phone smashers
- Mid to late May – Larger batch 16GB Silk White for the first batch of invites
- Early June – Larger batch 64GB Sandstone Black
- Later in June – Increased general availability, people who want it should be able to get an invite without much trouble in June
The initial 100 units of OnePlus One smartphones are now available to those who join the company’s “Smash Your Phone” contest. The contest basically requires a participant to take a video of them smashing their current smartphone. The company will choose the 100 videos that stand out with the participant allowed to purchase the device for only $1. They will also be getting 3 invites to purchase the OnePlus One.
Those getting the initial invites will be able to get the device by mid to late May. The 16GB Silk White Version costs $300 while the 64GB Sandstone Black version costs $350. By June there will be an increased availability of the device and although customers will still require an invite this won’t be hard to get by then.
- Display: 5.5-inch IPS LCD, 1080 x 1920 pixels 401ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, multi-touch up to 10 fingers
- OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801
- CPU: Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400
- GPU: Adreno 330
- RAM: 3GB
- ROM: 16GB/64GB
- Rear camera: 13 MP, autofocus, dual-LED flash, videos at [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], video stabilization, HDR
- Front camera: 5MP
- Battery: 3100mAh Li-Po