The Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 HD+ is an Android tablet that was first unveiled by the company last February. What sets this 10-inch tablet apart from other similar models out in the market is that it has an extremely long battery life of 18 hours and it also comes with its own built-in kickstand. This device can now be pre-ordered for $369 at the Lenovo website and is expected to ship out by the middle of May.
The Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 HD+ achieves a long battery life from the combination of an energy-efficient processor and a large battery that’s placed in the cylinder-shaped side chamber. This chamber allows a 9000mAh battery to be used by the device.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad core 1.6GHz APQ8028
- Operating System: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (Free upgrade to Android KitKat 4.4, shortly)
- Sound: 2x Front-facing speakers / Dolby Audio / 3.5mm Jack
- Memory: RAM LP DDR2 2GB, ROM 32GB, Micro SD up to 64GB
- Battery: 9000mAh Li-ion, fixed
- Dimensions: (10.3″) x (0.4″ – 0.1″) x (7.1″)
- Weight: 1.38 lbs.
- Camera: Rear 8MP Auto-focus, Front 1.6 MP HD Fixed-focus
- Display: 10.1-inch Full HD (1920 x 1200) IPS, Capacitive touchscreen 10-Point multitouch
- Sensors: Accelerometer, e-Compass, Ambient Light, Hall, Vibration
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, Satellite, A-GPS
This tablet comes with decent specs that should make it perform very well. Its use of a 1.6 GHz quad-core processor combined with 2GB of RAM should make it handle any app smoothly. Despite being released with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean running straight out of the box the company says that a KitKat upgrade will be arriving soon.
The Yoga Tablet 10 HD+ is one of the best tablets to use for travelling people who have to check on their office documents and check on their emails. With the attached keyboard accessory creating documents or updating spreadsheets becomes easier.
The use of a Full HD display combined with dual front stereo speakers means that this device is great for multimedia use. If you love watching movies or playing Android games then you will definitely get a great experience. While travelling on a train or bus you will be able to watch a couple of movies before the battery gets drained.
Some of the key features of this model include
Innovative Multimode Design – The battery and kickstand are placed on the side of the device allowing it to be used in different modes. In Hold Mode the device is more comfortable for reading and browsing. In Tilt Mode it becomes perfect for use in typing or gaming. Stand Mode is best when viewing movies or making Skype calls.
Wide Viewing Angle – Its use of a 10.1″ Full HD (1920 x 1200) display allows it to deliver stunning visuals. Its use of IPS technology allows it to have a 178 degree viewing angle.
Adaptive Display – The display of this model adapts to the lighting conditions of the environment. It automatically adjusts the screen brightness, contrast, and background colors depending on the surroundings.
Immersive Audio – The Yoga 10 HD+ uses the Dolby Digital Plus enhancement technology and with its two front speakers provides an immersive audio experience.