Are you looking for a cloud-based storage solution but don’t want to spend a lot on monthly fees? iDrive, an online backup service company, is offering 100GB of cloud storage space for a low fee of only $0.99 per year. The good news is that this is not a promo price which expires after a year but rather a permanent one which can be renewed every year. It’s also only available for Android devices and can only be purchased using the iDrive Android app which can be downloaded at the Google Play store.
Aside from this insanely low price some of the other key features of iDrive include
- 100Sync files and folders right from your mobile! Synced files will automatically appear on all linked devices. You can also access and download files already synced.
- Backup and sync unlimited number of devices into a single account and access them from anywhere.
- Selectively backup and restore only the stuff you need.
- Share a single file/folder or multiple files/folders with anyone using a single link. Set permissions and passwords.
- Automatic mobile upload protects your photos and videos as soon as they are taken via Wi-Fi or cellular data (if you choose).
- Data is always secure and fully encrypted using 256-bit AES encryption.
- Optional private key encryption, which makes your data NSA-proof
What I like about this service is that it uses a 256-bit AES encryption technology, the same technology used by Dropbox. This simply means that the data that you store in the cloud is going to be very secure and difficult for hackers to obtain. For those who want added security a private key encryption can be set which will reportedly make your data very secure that not even the NSA can look into it.
If you are planning to get that brand new Samsung Galaxy S5 or even the HTC One M8 then having iDrive will enhance its storage capabilities.
Non-Android users can avail of the iDrive through its regular packages. The Basic plan is free and provides 5GB of online storage that never expires. The iDrive Pro Personal plan costs as low as $24.75 a year which already provides 300GB of online storage. The iDrive Pro Business plan costs as low as $49.75 a year with 100GB of storage. The Business plan allows the account holder to create sub-accounts allowing other people access to the stored data.