Back in the late 2013 HP launched a tablet called the Slate 8 Pro which is an 8-inch tablet running on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and uses a 1.8 GHz Nvidia Tegra 4 processor. Just recently the company released an updated model that now runs on Android 4.4 KitKat and sports NFC called the HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet.
The HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet is now available at the HP business store for $349.
- Display: 8-inch diagonal multi-touch WVA (1600 x 1200) protected by Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- Operating system: Android 4.4, KitKat
- Processor: NVIDIA Tegra 4 A15 (1.8 GHz, 2 MB cache, 4 +1 cores, this processor includes four cores and a second-generation battery-saver core
- RAM: 1 GB 800 MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
- Internal Storage: 16 GB eMMC SSD
- Ports: 1 micro USB 2.0, 1 micro HDMI, 1 3.5 mm stereo headset/headphone/microphone jack
- Slots: 1 microSD
- Audio: Beats Audio with integrated stereo speakers; 3.5 mm headphone jack and digital microphone; Integrated microphone
- Camera: 720p camera (front-facing); 8 MP auto-focus with LED flash and HD video recording (rear-facing)
- Wireless: 802.11a/b/g/n (Miracast compatible), Bluetooth 4.0 + LE
- Battery: 2 cell, 21 WHr Li-ion polymer
- Dimensions: 8.66 x 5.57 x 0.39 in (220 x 141.5 x 9.9 mm)
- Weight: Starting at 1 lb (Starting at 453.59 g)
The HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet shares similar specifications as the previously released HP Slate 8 Pro save for the fact that it now runs on KitKat and has NFC. While the previous model costs $329 the $20 difference in price is definitely worth it if you are looking to have the latest Android build on your tablet.
There aren’t a lot of 8-inch tablets out in the market today and this latest model is a fine addition. It has a resolution of 1600 x 1200 which is roughly 250 PPI making it look good. It will make a great device for reading ebooks or surfing the web.
The use of a powerful NVIDIA Tegra 4 A15 1.8 GHz processor ensures that the device can provide a smooth user experience. And with 1GB of RAM included, multi-tasking tasks will be fast without any noticeable lags.
HP said that this device is ideal for people who regularly take their jobs outside of their desk and want to have a tool to use to remain productive.