Starting March 10 owners of T-Mobile Galaxy S4 will be able to update their phones to Android 4.4.2 KitKat M919UVUFNB4. The update, approximately 388 MB in size, will bump the phone to the latest version of Android, which comes with improved stability, bug fixes, new features and enhanced performance.
T-Mobile Galaxy S4 owners have two options on how to update their device, they can either pull down the update from the server to their phones directly over Wi-Fi or manually download it to their computer via KIES before installing to their phone. But before anything else, check the following pre-requisites.
- You must have a stable Wi-Fi connection.
- Your phone must have at least 400MB of internal storage available.
- Your phone must have at least 50% battery life to avoid disruption.
- The phone must be running Android 4.3 with baseband M919UVUEMK2 and not rooted.
- You must have the latest version of KIES installed on your Mac or PC (for those who want to manually download the update).
How to Check for and Download the Update
- Make sure you are connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings, then tap the More tab.
- Tap About device and then Software update.
- Once the phone detects available updates, you will receive a notification.
- From the Notification Screen, tap Download.
- Once the download is finished, tap Install Now.
- Wait for the phone to finish the update to Android 4.4.2 KitKat with baseband version M919UVUFNB4 and restarts.
How to Download and Update via KIES
Please note that this process will take a longer than the previous one.
- Download an updated version of Samsung KIES by visiting http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/.
- Install the application to your computer.
- If you’re using a Mac, you need to enable USB Debugging on your phone.
- To begin installation, launch KIES on your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to the computer using the original USB cable.
- KIES will attempt to recognize your device, once done a window will pop up.
- Click Update.
- Read and agree to the caution statements by checking the box.
- If you want, you can choose Allow Saving option to backup your phone. Otherwise, select Proceed without saving.
- Click Start Upgrade.
- KIES will pull the update down to your computer, then to your phone.
- When update is complete, a window will pop up.
- Click OK to confirm.
I hope this could somehow help you update your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. If you have further questions or need help, don’t hesitate to email us at [email protected] or post on our Facebook page.