The Pebble Beta for Android application has just received a new update, which in the words of the developers fixes the ‘most annoying bugs’ while ‘improving stability considerably’. Some of the changes include sideloading of apps as well as quicker loading of the MyPebble app. You can find the full changelog below:
- PebbleKit JS localStorage is now sandboxed for each app
- Many improvements to onboarding and FW installation
- Issues with sideloading apps in some circumstances have been fixed
- Some issues with loading JS configuration views after the app has been quit have been addressed
- MyPebble now loads faster
The Pebble team has also recognized one pertinent issue with the app that still exists:
- Pairing a Pebble during onboarding may not succeed. If you run into problems, exit the Pebble app. Remove the pairing entry from Android BT settings & your Pebble. Then pair manually using BT settings.
Users need to delete version 10 of the app before installing the new version 11 update, so make sure you keep that in mind. It’s good to see the Pebble team roll out quick fixes like these to its Beta app although most of these fixes are pertaining to the developers. If you own a Pebble smartwatch, make sure you hit the source link below to download version 11 of the Pebble 2.0 app.
Source: Pebble Developers
Via: Android Central