Nokia first unveiled its initial batch of smartphones running on the Android platform during the recently held MWC 2014. The Nokia X, Nokia X+, and the Nokia XL are three smartphones running on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean but are heavily customized to closely resemble the Windows Phone operating system. Instead of the usual google services that are included in most Android devices what customers will be getting are its Microsoft equivalents.
While the Nokia X has already been released in several countries such as the Philippines, India, and Malaysia it is still going to be released in China. Surprisingly enough, despite not being released in China yet, this model has already become a big hit as it already has reached 1 million pre-orders in just a span of 4 days. This number is still expected to increase as the device is expected to be released in March 25.
Nokia partnered with JD.com so that reservations for the device can be made. This website is an online marketplace that is similar to Amazon and is popular in China.
China has become an important market for smartphone manufacturers as it holds the record for the most number of smartphone users in the world. Success in this market will definitely increase the company revenue.
With Nokia having a certified hit in its Android device has it already come up with the right formula? What is it about the Nokia X that makes it attractive to consumers? The device is basically an Android smartphone but without the Google experience. It is priced cheap and has an excellent build quality. It must be a combination of these factors that makes it quite a success.
- Display: 4.0 inches 480 x 800 pixels (~233 ppi pixel density), IPS LCD 16M colors
- OS: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8225 Snapdragon S4 Play
- CPU: Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A5
- GPU: Adreno 203
- RAM: 512 MB RAM
- Internal storage: 4GB, expandable via microSD up to 32GB
- Camera: 3.15 MP, 2048 x 1536 pixels, 1/5” sensor size, panorama, face detection, video recording [email protected]
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
- Battery: Li-Ion 1500 mAh battery (BN-01)