Chinese smartphone maker Meizu has been quite busy lately. The company was present during the recently held CES 2014 and MWC 2014 and has now announced that it will be hosting a press conference this coming March 6 in France. This upcoming event will launch their brand in Europe which is already becoming quite popular.
For those who haven’t heard of Meizu yet it’s actually a company that makes various consumer electronic products such as portable music players and mobile phones. It is in the smartphone business that the company gained recognition as its models that run on a customized version of Android called Flyme OS are getting great reviews.
The press invite has this schedule “Thursday, 6th March at 9:00 am. InterContinental Paris Avenue Marceau. 64 avenue Marceau 78008 Paris France”. There’s no information as to what devices are going to be launched but we can definitely expect the popular Meizu MX3 to make an appearance. This model which runs on Android has also been tapped to become one of the first smartphones to run on the Ubuntu operating system.
Meizu will make its European debut in France before proceeding to other countries. Right now the company has added the French and Italian language option in its Flyme OS with other languages expected to follow soon.
Reports indicate that the MX3 will have a slightly higher price tag compared to its price in its home market. It will still however be sold at an attractive price range that is lower than the flagship models of popular brands.
Meizu MX3 Technical Specifications
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE; dual-band 3G with HSPA
- 5.1″ 16M-color 1080p capacitive 15:9 aspect, 412 ppi display
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Flyme 3.0I
- Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 + four 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 cores, PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU; Exynos 5410 chipset
- 2GB of RAM
- 8 MP autofocus camera with LED flash, 1.4 Âµm pixel size,1080p video recording @ 30fps, continuous autofocus
- 2 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS
- 16GB/32/64GB of built-in storage; 128 GB version also available
- microUSB port with USB host and MHL 2.0
- Bluetooth v4.0
- NFC on 32/64/128 GB models
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 2,400 mAh battery
Aside from Europe Meizu is also planning to enter the North American market. Meizu founder, chairman and chief architect Jack Wong said during the recently held CES 2014 that “United States, and especially Silicon Valley, is the birthplace of various advanced technologies. I’m aspiring to build Meizu’s presence in Silicon Valley to achieve technological perfection in our smartphones. In the meantime, a fair competition with leading global companies will be beneficial to MEIZU and the consumer as well.”