The CyanogenMod team has just rolled out its latest custom Rom based on Android KitKat called CyanogenMod 11 Milestone 4. This comes nearly a month after the Milestone 3 version was released and means that the final version of CyanogenMod 11 is nearing completion.
There are a couple of improvements introduced in this latest update which includes expanded profile support, a couple of bug fixes, tweaked recent app panel for low end devices, and much more. Since it is based on Android KitKat users will also have immersive mode and transparent notification bars.
Here’s a list of the changes added in CyanogenMod 11 Milestone 4
- Immersive Mode – prevent accidental clicks on swipe gesture (EdgeGesture service)
- Bluetooth LE – Wipower SDK apis, various fixes
- System NavBar – Left Hand mode (landscape only – not available on tablets)
- Motion Accelerometer support (device dependant)
- Volume Panel – transparency support
- Translations – new language additions, localization and long-string fixes
- MediaPlayer – new apis for Suspend/Resume
- CM Easter Egg
- QuickSettings – volume Tile sync fix, Quick Config, Alarm tile shows alarms, User Profile fix
- Recent Apps Panel – low-end device tweaks
- Theme Engine – Fix crashes
- Performance – Speed up booting on multi-core devices, add option to force high-end graphics option on low-end devices
- Trebuchet – decouple icon mask and background (should fix some icon packs)
- Settings – multiple hands-free device support
- Privacy Guard – confirm on permission reset
- Profiles – add expanded desktop support
For those who would like to test out this custom ROM here are the general instructions on how to get it in your device.
- Back up all of your data
- Make sure that your computer has the corrects USB drivers
- Make sure that the USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device
- Have at least 80% battery charge
- Ensure that your device is unlocked and rooted.
- CyanogenMod 11 Milestone 4 (copy to device sdcard)
- Google Apps (KitKat compatible, copy to device sdcard)
- CWM Recovery Advanced Edition (install on device)
- Boot device in CWM Recovery mode.
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset (this will delete all apps and their settings and game progress)
- Return to CWM recovery main menu and select Mounts and Storage> Format System and click
- From the main menu of CWM recovery, go to Advanced and choose Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select Install Zip from sdcard and then click Choose zip from sdcard. Browse to the location of the CM11 M4
- Repeat process for Google apps
- Reboot device