Have you ever wanted to see what goes on in the dark even without the lights on? You could do this by getting some night vision equipment or you could use your existing mobile device by attaching an accessory that allows you to see in the dark. Meet the Snooperscope, an accessory that allows you to see and capture images in total darkness.
According to the company website “Snooperscope is a special wireless invention that, by using your mobile device as a screen and the infrared light as a source, enables you to see in low light conditions and in total darkness. Plus, under visible light, it reveals hidden things that normally cannot be seen by the human eye. By employing special optics, the user can see in the area covered by the light even though the naked eye only detects total darkness. A number of more practical applications have been developed with the Snooperscope because of its ability to peer through any opaque material that infrared rays can pass through.”
The device already had a successful run over at Kickstarter with pledges reaching almost £80,000 of a £40,000 goal. Because of the huge media and backer demand it is currently available over at Indiegogo not to get further funding but to give a chance to those who want to pre-order the device but were not able so over at Kickstarter.
There is 7 days left to go on the Indiegogo campaign. Those who wish to pre-order can contribute as low as $99 to get one Snooperscope in Hunter Green, White, or Black. The estimated delivery date is June 2014.
Snooperscope works with the iPhone, iPad or an Android device. It comes with its own iOS and Android app and comes with different mounting solutions to attach to a mobile device or even vehicles. It also comes with its own power supply which lasts up to 4 hours.
This accessory is perfect for photographers, filmmakers, hunters, wildlife observers, or for people who need to see in the dark.
- WI-FI: 802.11b/g/n
- Basic protocol: TCP/IP, UDP/IP, HTTP, DHC, DDNS
- Channel: 1~11, 1~13, 1~14
- Resolution: 320p, 480p and 720p (max 1280×720 pixels)
- Image compression mode: JPEG
- Video codec: H.264
- Night vision distance: 10 meters (nearly 33 feet) away
- Power: Built-in 1000mAh Lithium battery
- Working time: 3-4 hours
- Charging time: 2-3 hours
- Charging voltage: 5V
- Microphone: Built-in
- Port charging: standard Micro-B USB 5pin
- Wi-Fi operating distance: 100mt. in open area, 30mt. in normal area
- Weight: 80gr. (2.8 oz.)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Operating Humidity: 20% ~ 80% RH (non-condensing)
- Mobile App: for iOS iPhone / iPad / Android smartphone and tablets
- Dimensions: diameter 42mm, length 75mm