Samsung first announced the Galaxy Camera 2 ahead of CES 2014 last month which is an upgrade over the previous Galaxy Camera model which was release in 2012. This Android powered camera will be shipping globally starting this mid-March with a price tag of $450 with pre-orders already accepted by online retailers such as Amazon.
If you happen to live in South Korea then you will be able to buy this device now as it has already been released in the market for 499,000 won ($465).
Myoung Sup Han, Executive Vice President and Head of the Imaging Business Team at Samsung Electronics, said that “Consumers love the Galaxy Camera, and this next-generation version was designed to improve on the successful predecessor, with upgraded and new features that will enhance the photography experience. The result is a more powerful and portable device which continues to embrace the public’s passion for the social features of smartphones, yet also provides superior image control and quality. We are dedicated to making it easier for more people to achieve great results and with the Galaxy Camera 2’s host of creative features, anyone can capture stand out images.”
The Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 sports several improvements over its predecessor. On the software side it now runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and has access to the more than one million apps at the Google Play store. It also uses a 1.6GHz quad-core processor combined with 1GB of RAM
- Image Sensor: 16.3 effective megapixel 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS
- Lens: 21x Optical Zoom Lens, 23 mm Wide Angle, F2.8(W) ~ 5.9(T)
- IS: OIS
- Display: 121.2mm (4.8-inch), HD Super Clear Touch LCD Screen
- ISO: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- AP: 1.6GHz Quad Core Processor
- OS: Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- Memory: 8GB Internal memory (User memory approximately 2.8GB) ＋ microSD slot (up to 64GB), 2GB RAM
- Connectivity: WiFi a/b/g/n, WiFi HT40, GPS/GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Geo-magnetic, Gyro-sensor, Gyro-sensor(for OIS)
- Dimension: 132.5 x 71.2 x 19.3 mm, 283g
- Battery: Li-on 2000mAh