Are you looking for a cheap Android smartphone that can double as a decent portable gaming device yet is comes at a budget price? You might want to check out the JXD S5800 which combines the features of a regular smartphone and the Sony PSP styling and controls. It’s also being priced at a low 699 Yuan or US$115 for a limited time only.
The design of the JXD S5800 might not appeal to those looking for a more traditional smartphone look as it closely resembles a gaming device. It mimics the PSP controls including the dual analogue controllers.
In terms of hardware specifications it is comparable to most mid-range devices out in the market today.
- Chipset: MTK6582, Quad-Core Cortex A7, 1.3GHz
- Display: 5-inch IPS Bright LCD, Resolution: 960*540 pixels
- Touch Panel: 5 point Capacitive Screen ( G+G )
- Communications: 3G (WCDMA: 850, 2100) Calling+2G (GSM: 850,900,1800,1900) Calling
- Network: Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), built-in 3G (WCDMA)
- RAM: 1GB LP DDR2
- ROM: 8GB Flash, support external TF card up to 32GB
- OS: Android 4.2
- Games Support: Android games, 16 Emulator games (PSP, NDS, PS1, N64, aFBA (CPS1/CPS2/CPS3/IGS), Mame, GBA, GBC, SFC, MD, FC, WSC)
- Games Control: 5-point capacitive touch, perfect buttons control and gravity control
- Buttons: Direction buttons, ABXY, Dual LR, Dual analog joysticks, select, start, Vol+/-, Reset, POWER, Home, Back, Menu and Mode switch button
- G-Sensor: 3 Axis Gravity Sensor
- Bluetooth: Support
- GPS: Support
- Camera: 0.3MP Front Camera, 5.0MP Rear Camera
- Battery: Built-in replaceable and rechargeable lithium-ion battery Charge with 5V 1A Micro USB charging (slow)
- Sound device: Speaker, phone receiver and MIC
- I/O: USB2.0 High Speed, OTG, Connect Keyboard, mouse, U disk and Hard disk, 3.5mm Stereo earphone mini jack,Micro TF card slot, max 32GB
- TV out: WiFi-Display
- Operate Environment: WindowsXP, Windows 7 or above
- Color: Black, White
- Size: Length: 198mm Width: 88mm Height: 15.6mm Weight: 259g
This device comes pre-loaded with an emulator that can play different game formats such as PS1, PSP, GBA, NDS, and N64 just to name a few. There’s also the JXD store where consumers can download popular Android games.
One of the issues when playing Android games designed to be controlled using the touch screen is that it does not play well when using physical controls. JXD uses a smart key mapping solution so that players can easily map the touch based controls to the physical buttons making it easier to play.
Gamers can also connect the JXD S5800 to their TV and play on a much larger display while using the device as a controller.