HTC is making sure that its customers are happy not just by releasing high quality devices but by offering great after sales support. Just lately the company introduced the HTC Advantage program which is free in the United States and can be availed of by anyone who owns the HTC One, One Mini, and One Max.
What’s probably the best part about this program is that HTC will be offering a free one time replacement of a cracked display within the first 6 months of ownership. If you crack or scratch the display of your HTC One, One Mini, or One Max then you are eligible for a screen replacement. We are assuming that this also applies to the company’s next flagship model.
The company will cover ground shipping in both directions for the device and will take around 8 to 10 days to complete. If you need a quicker option then you can shell out $29 and the company will send you a refurbished device overnight. You will then have to ship out your damaged device the next day. This is a great option for devices that have other damages aside from the display however it won’t apply for non-functioning devices.
Here’s how a customer can avail of the one-time screen replacement.
- Call Customer Support at 866-449-8358 from 8 am to 1 am ET. Please have a copy of the original invoice, receipt or bill of sale for the purchase of the eligible product for reference during the call.
- Customer Support team will assist you with any questions concerning back-up of your personal information before sending your device
- Free Ground Shipping—HTC will provide a prepaid label to be used in returning your device for repair. This No Charge screen replacement process generally takes 8-10 business days to complete.
- Overnight Advanced Exchange—You pay $29 for shipping and handling and HTC sends a replacement phone overnight*; you return your defective device using the provided prepaid label.
- Using the easy HTC Backup you can restore the phone with your device settings from the cloud.
The HTC Advantage program also ensures that your device will be getting the latest Android updates up to two years from its launch date. Then there’s also the free 25GB to 50GB (depends on model) additional Google Drive space which can be used to backup important photos, music, contacts, or any other file.