Sony’s smaller version of the Xperia Z1 is now available in some European countries. The Xperia Z1 Compact is now listed as “available in stock” in the UK and Germany.
In the UK for instance this model is available from the Sony Mobile store for £449 for the SIM free version. All color options are available. Several retailers are also offering this device but are still on a pre-order basis with an expected delivery date by the middle of February.
In Germany this device is available at the Amazon store as well as the local Sony Mobile Store. Both stores are selling the device for €449. All color options are available and the price listed is for the SIM free model. German retailers such as Getgoods.de and hoh.de also have the device on stock priced also at €449.
With several stores now offering the Xperia Z1 Compact it’s certain that other European countries will be getting this device soon.
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support; 3G with 42Mbps HSPA; 150Mbps LTE
- 4.3″ 16M-color 720p capacitive touchscreen Triluminos display (342pixel density)
- X-Reality engine
- shatter proof and scratch-resistant glass
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with custom UI
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset
- Quad-core 2.26 GHz Krait 400 CPU
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- microSD card slot
- 20.7MP autofocus camera with a 1/2.3″ Exmor RS sensor and F/2.0 Sony G Lens
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps, continuous autofocus and stereo sound; live video streaming to Facebook
- 2MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- IP58 certification, dust- and waterproof
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA; Wireless TV-out
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- MHL-enabled microUSB port
- Bluetooth v4.0
- NFC & ANT+ support
- FM radio with RDS
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic
- 2,300mAh Li-Ion battery
The Xperia Z1 Compact bears a similar design to the Xperia Z1 save from its small size. Looking at the smaller version you will notice that there are quite a few physical differences such as all the ports being positioned on the left side. The good thing though is that it uses the same aluminum and glass material making it have a premium feel.
This is probably the first mini model that can stand up on its own and can even be considered as a flagship model with all its impressive specs.