Satechi, a company headquartered in San Diego that manufactures various consumer electronics, has just announced its latest product which is an Android powered Smart TV box. The company describes the device as “an Android-powered player to access Android apps from your television. Connect your TV to your network (wirelessly or via Ethernet cable) to download Android apps and browse the internet.” This device comes with a couple of decent features and is reasonable priced at $120.
Some of the key features of the Smart TV Box include
- Android 4.2 operating system supports Android apps and games, including: Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Pandora, Angry Birds, internet browsers, and more
- Quad-core 1.8Ghz CPU with 2G DDR3 RAM for high processing speeds
- Supports online streaming of video, audio, radio, and TV and all networking apps such as movies, games, VOIP, video meetings, and more
- Supports wireless keyboard and mouse, via wifi dongle and USB interfaces
- Dual antenna for enhanced network reception, Wireless N and network Ethernet port, 2 USB ports, 1 SD card slot, AV and HDMI video output
This device connects to a monitor or a TV set via HDMI and connects to your home wireless network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable connection. The device allows consumers to run Android apps (downloaded from the Google Play Store) on a larger display and acts as a media device thanks to the included XMBC app.
- Android 4.2
- 1.8GHz quad-core processor
- Mali-400MP4 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 8GB Storage (expandable via microUSB)
- Audio Jack
The device has a brushed silver finish that makes it easily blend with any entertainment system that you have. What’s probably its biggest advantage compared to other similar devices is that it has access to the Google Play Store making it easy for you to get apps.
For those looking for a solution to enhance the features of a monitor or a TV then the Smart TV Box is highly recommended.