This article will provide a quick rundown of all the questions that we usually encounter in The Droid Guy Mailbag related to Samsung Galaxy S3 problems. So far, many of these have been published in our earlier articles already. But for the benefit of new readers or those who haven’t read them yet here’s a recap:
1. How do I enable the multi-window feature of my Samsung Galaxy S3?
The article we published during the second half of 2013 about How to Enable Multiview in Samsung Galaxy S3 will definitely help you. This requires a GS3 with Android 4.1.2 or higher.
2. The SD card of my phone is not working. What should I do?
Simply apply the solutions in our article which talks about the Galaxy S4 SD Card Error Fix. If the solutions do not work, Margie (our reader) suggested using the chkdsk utility of Windows. All you have to do is follow the steps here to do it:
- Insert SD card to computer.
- Open Start.
- Go to Run.
- Type “cmd.exe” (without the quotes) and press the Enter key.
- After that, type “chkdsk /X /F X” (with quotes omitted). Note that the last X in the line is the drive letter assigned to the disk. So, if the SD card is in the “X:\” drive, use that letter. But if another letter is assigned for the drive where the SD card is located use the appropriate letter.
3. My contacts list takes a few seconds to open up in my GS3. What should I do?
First and most importantly, check if your internal memory is already full. Leave at least 150 MB free space for it as breathing room. If that does not work go to Settings followed by Storage. Tap the Cached Data option and hit OK when a confirmation message shows up.
Send Us Your Questions about Android Devices
For more questions about Android devices, email us at [email protected].