Previous rumors suggested that Samsung would soon be releasing a device called the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite. From its name alone we could deduce that it’s going to be similar to the Galaxy Note 3 but with a slight change in specifications.
We have just learned that this upcoming device is going to be called the Samsung Galaxy Neo and a couple of leaked internal product documents show some of its specs. Surprisingly, the Neo is more similar to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 rather than a lower version of the Note 3.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.55-inch Full HD sAmoled
- OS: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Camera: 8MP + 1.9MP
- Processor: 1.7 GHz Dual Core + 1.3 GHz Quad Core (Hexa)
- Battery: 3100 mAh
- RAM: 2GB
- ROM: 162GB
- SD: MicroSD up to 64GB
- Wi-Fi+Wi-Fi Direct: Wi-Fi(a/b/g/n/ac) + Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth: BT 4.0
- USB: USB 3.0
- NFC: Yes
- Network: HSPA + 42Mbps
- Sensors: AGPS + GLONASS, Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass, Barometer, Geo Magnetic, Gyro, RGB Light, Gesture, Adapt display, Temperature, Humidity
- Smart Features: Air View, Air Gesture, Air Command, Smart pause/scroll, Adapt display/ Sound
- Multi Window: Yes
- Magazine UX: Yes
Based on the specifications we could see that it has the same display, camera, battery, RAM, and internal storage as the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
What’s probably interesting to point out is that this device uses a Hexa processor (1.7 GHz Dual Core + 1.3 GHz Quad Core). This is going to be more powerful than a quad core device yet slightly lower than an octa core device. We are not sure if all cores can be used at the same time. It’s more likely that the lower cores are designed to handle all the light load while the higher cores are designed to do all the heavy lifting.
Advantages of Note 3 Neo over the Note 2
- Faster Hexa core processor
- S Pen and Advanced Features (Air Command, Direct pen input, Action Memo and Pen Window)
- True Multitasking with Advanced Multi Window
- Premium Design and Additional UX (Faux leather back cover and Slimmer + Magazine UX)
Advantages of the Note 3 Neo over the Note 3
- Advanced features like Air Command
- Direct Pen Input
- Multi Window Support
- Magazine UX
There is no mention of a release date or a price however it is expected that this device will be unveiled at MWC 2014 next month.