Are you looking for a dev board for your Android DIY projects but don’t want to spend much on it? You might want to consider getting the upcoming NanoPC designed and manufactured by CoreWind Tech which costs only $69. Unlike other dev boards where you will still have to spend on add-on accessories, this product can already be used straight out of the box.
NanoPC Technical Specifications
- CPU: Samsung Cortex-A9 Quad-core Exynos4412, 1.5GHz
- RAM: 1GB DDR3 RAM, 32bit data bus
- Flash Memory: 4GB eMMC Flash
- Box Interface: HDMI output resolution: 1080P (1920×1080), One Audio Out in jack, USB OTG: One MicroUSB interface, USB Host: two USB Host 2.0 interface, Ethernet: 100Mhz Ethernet, RJ45, SD Card slot, DC 5V/2A input
- Interface inside box: UART: 4 x TTL UART, LCD: TFT LCD interface support Capacitive/Resistive touch driver, Two USER KEY, Two User LED, Two Digital sensor input, CMOS CAMERA Interface, MIPI interface: Support HD Camera, GPIO1, GPIO2
- System Support: Linux+Qt, Ubuntu 12.04, Android 4.2.2
This tiny computer uses a quad-core Cortex-A9 processor clocked at 1.5GHz which is capable of delivering the power needed when developing demanding tasks. The 1GB of available RAM which is included will make most operations go smoothly on this device. There’s 4GB of storage space available and if this isn’t enough it can easily be expanded through the SD card slot.
It’s also got a host of input and output interface ranging from USB, Ethernet, to HDMI just to name a few. Those who are into hardware development will find that several of the interfaces inside the box will come in handy too.
CoreWind Tech will provide support for Linux + Qt, Ubuntu 12.04, and Android 4.2.2 and the source code will be provided in an accompanying DVD. This makes it a versatile device since consumers will not be limited to developing for Android but other systems as well.
For those who are into Android development whether beginners or professionals this is a great tool to own.
NanoPC will become available this coming February 25 and will only cost $69 plus shipping fees.