Despite being released last year, the Meizu MX3 is still a popular device. In order for consumers to easily get a unit they would have to live in China. Now, anyone from anywhere in the world can order the device through online reseller Lightinthebox.
Meizu Vice President Li Nan said during the recently held CES 2014 that the company has partnered with LITB as an online business partner. LITB will be responsible for selling and shipping Meizu products and have started with the MX3 which is priced at $429.99 for the 16GB version and $458 for the 32GB version.
Before CES 2014 Meizu already hinted that it will be entering the US market and the company’s partnership with LITB is their way of offering its products. Li Nan also said that a tie up with Amazon.com may be coming soon so that people could order the MX3 from the giant online store.
According to Meizu CEO Aber Bai “In the North American market, many of the largest smartphone brands have raced to introduce increasingly complex features that can intimidate people who are just beginning to consider a smartphone purchase. These people are seeking an alternative that combines the elegance and functionality of today’s smartphones with a friendly, fun experience along with consumer-friendly pricing, which creates a tremendous opportunity for a player like MEIZU in the U.S. market.”
Meizu MX3 runs on Flyme OS 3.0 which is a customized Android Jelly Bean that concentrates more on the ease of use. It sports a 5.1 inch HD display that has a narrow 2.90mm bezel. Its large screen and slender rounded design makes using it with one hand very easy.
This model uses an Exynos 5 octa-core processor that can be used in power-saving mode for long battery life or switch to high-performance mode when more muscle is needed.
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE; dual-band 3G with HSPA
- 5.1″ 16M-color 1080p capacitive 15:9 aspect, 412 ppi display
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Flyme 3.0
- Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 + four 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 cores, PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU; Exynos 5410 chipset
- 2GB of RAM
- 8 MP autofocus camera with LED flash
- 2 MP front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS
- 16GB/32/64GB of built-in storage
- microUSB port with USB host and MHL 2.0
- Bluetooth v4.0
- NFC on 32/64/128 GB models
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 2,400 mAh battery