Downloading Facebook videos on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using stock apps and browsers is technically impossible. I mean, there’s no possible way you could download videos from FB on your mobile. The fact is, it is even almost impossible to download those videos using your computer’s browsers without using applications or websites that specializes on the said task. So, it would be twice as difficult on mobile. But wait, there are workarounds aside from free apps on the Play Store that get the job done.
Here’s some emails our readers sent us:
“I am aware of how to screen shot still photos, recipes etc. I want to save some videos so that I don’t have to go to FB each time I want to view them. Thanks!” — Delorise
“Whatever I do, whether I’m using the Facebook app or opened FB on my phone’s browser, I can’t seem to find a way to download videos. Are you guys savvy enough to teach me how to download videos on my Galaxy Note 2?” — Shaq
“I’m an old woman and I hate technology. My daughter gave me an Android phone called Note 2 so I can watch videos of my grand children they put on Face book. I find it hard to keep my internet connection on all the time so I just want to put those videos on my phone so I could watch them even if I don’t have internet connection. Can you give me ways to do that? Thank you.” — Mary Ann
Downloading FB Videos with Opera
Just to set proper expectations; you cannot download videos right from the Facebook app and browsers. You need both the official app and a browser, preferably Opera because it doesn’t support video streaming. Here’s how you do it:
- Run the Google Play Store and download Opera browser. [LINK]
- Launch the official Facebook app and log in to your account.
- Browse through the post or page you want to download the video from.
- Tap on the video you want to download.
- You will be prompted with a dialog box asking you to choose between Opera and Android’s stock video player.
- Choose Opera and you will be asked if you would like to set it to ‘Always’ or ‘Just Once.’
- The video will now be opened in Opera and since the browser doesn’t support streaming, you will be redirected to the video URL or location.
- The download will begin in a matter of few seconds.
- To find the downloaded video, navigate to the Download section of your browser.
Downloading FB Videos with ES File Explorer
For rooted users, there is this one app that has proven itself very useful as a file manager; it’s called ES File Explorer. While it’s one of those apps that give you power to manage your phone well, it could also be used as a download manager especially for users who want to download videos from Facebook.
- Launch the Play Store
- Search for ES File Manager, download and install it to your Note 2. [LINK]
- Run the Facebook app and find videos you want to download.
- Tap a video and you will be asked to choose a method you want the video played.
- Choose ES Downloader.
- The download will commence in a moment.
Free Facebook Video Downloaders
Aside from those workarounds, there are a lot of app in the Play Store that could also allow users to download videos from the popular social networking site. There is a couple of apps I want to recommend you to use but I am not, in any way, promoting these apps. TheDroidGuy.com (TD) is not affiliated with the developers of these apps. They appear on this site simply because I personally used them and while I have tried other FB video downloaders before, these two are on the top of the food chain as far as this niche is concerned, at least, for me.
MyVideoDownloader for Facebook
I have used this app for several months until I switched to a different one. What I like about this app, which you also might like, are the following;
- You can download videos you uploaded, you were tagged in and shared with. You can also download videos from groups you joined in or pages you like. Basically, as long as the video is on FB, you can download them using this app.
- You can download videos by tapping them one after another or you can download all of them in a single tap. Your choice.
- You would also have an option to download low-quality or original quality videos depending on your preference or connection speed.
- The app now supports SD cards.
During my use of the app, I’ve encountered a few bugs and crashes but I believe the developer already addressed those.
As far as the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is concerned, this app works 100%. Here’s the download link. [LINK]
Download Videos for Facebook
I still use this app to download videos to my Android phone. It’s pretty straightforward like its name and it’s very easy to use. Here’s how you use it:
- Launch the Play Store and install the app. [LINK]
- Run the Facebook app and find the video you want to download.
- Tap on the video link on your newsfeed.
- When ‘Action’ menu appears on the screen, choose ‘Fire Video Grabber.’
- The download should start in a second.
I hope these procedures could somehow help you download videos from Facebook to your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Tell us your phone problems
The solutions we provided here are based on reports and testimonies from owners who have encountered these problems. I also ask my XDA developer friends regarding some of the problems. Now if you have other problems or questions with your smartphone that you want answered, don’t hesitate to send us email at email@example.com.
We don’t guarantee a reply to all emails because we receive hundreds of them daily, but rest assured your email messages will be read by me. But I urge you to provide as much details as possible so I could easily find references and compare your problems with reports from other owners. If your problem is as common as others, there could already be solutions that exist and I would surely point you to them. Screenshots often help so attach one if you can.