The AT&T version of the HTC One X+ is getting updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Owners of his device can check the update right now and download it. While this model will not be upgraded to Android 4.2 KitKat, despite being in the market for only more than a year, this final major update is still brings lots of improvements.
Some of the key changes include
- Android Version: 4.2.2
- HTC Sense: 5.0
- NFC Fixes
- AT&T Address Book Fixes
This update brings a fresh UI to the device with its use of Sense 5.0. Most of the features found in the HTC One will also be available on this device except for BoomSound and some of the camera features.
You will be receiving a notification of the update on your device and will be available as an OTA download. You can also manually check for the update by going to All Apps > Settings > AT&T Software Update > Check for updates. Once your device has been updated the version number will be 2.15.502.1.
For those who will be updating the device for the first time, be aware that it may reboot a couple of times during the operation. Make sure not to turn off your device as this may interrupt the process and render your device unusable.
Some important reminders to consider before getting the update are as follows
- Set aside approximately 20 minutes to allow the device to update, possibly longer based on Wi-Fi network speed
- Connect the device to a charger
- Ensure the battery is charged to at least 30%
- Ensure the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network and is in AT&T data coverage.
The steps below details how to manually get the update
- From the Home screen, tap All apps and then tap Settings.
- From the Home screen, tap AT&T Software Update.
- Tap Check for updates.
- Tap OK to download the update.
- After you select your method of download, you will be prompted with a Wi-Fi or Data fee warning message. If this is acceptable, tap OK to start the upgrade process. The status of the download can be viewed in the Notifications pull down.
- Once the download is complete, you will be prompted to install from the Notifications pull down menu. Tap the System update notification to begin the upgrade process.
- Tap OK to begin the update process to software version 2.15.502.1.
- The device will reboot and begin installation. You will not be able to use your device during the installation process.
- When the system update is complete, the device will boot up normally.