Here’s good news to owners of the Sony Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi version. Sony has just released the Android 4.3 update for the device which brings several new and exciting features. Nearly a month ago this update has been made available for the Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra.
The Android 4.3 10.4.B.0.577 firmware update is compatible with the SGP311/SGP312 model and is available in regions such as India, UK, Australia, Indonesia, Nordic regions, US, and Malaysia. The update has a size of 792 MB and can only be downloaded using the PC Companion and SUS. The update method using Ota is not yet available.
Some of the key features of this update include
- White UI exactly similar to Xperia Z1 and Z Ultra android 4.3 look.
- New improved Smart camera app like Xperia Z1.
- New Xperia wallpapers exactly like Xperia Z1.
- You can choose new themes now, as there is “+” option tapping on it, you can download some cool themes from Sony Select app where the navigation bar and status bar color changes like to “blue” and the soft keys icons also.
- New keyboard app with One-Hand Keyboard settings.
- Tablet’s UI changes as per theme applied.
- Home screen soft icons and status bar changes as per theme applied.
- Windows Tethering option is there which allows Xperia Tablet Z Wi-fi to be paired with Windows 8.1+ PC via Bluetooth. You can connect to the mobile network from your PC without any further settings on your phone
- Performance enhancement and Bug fixing.
- Screen calibrated for more brighter display.
- Battery life, need to test it.
- Restricted profiles settings in Xperia Tablet Z for more control of multi-user settings.
- Double Tap the screen to wake up settings in display settings.
To get this latest update all you have to do is connect your device to a computer running the PC Companion software and then follow the on screen instructions.
If your computer does not have the PC Companion installed then get it first from the Sony site.
Alternatively, you can also manually install the update as long as you have the ftf files for Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi Android 4.3 10.4.B.0.577 firmware as per your region. No rooting is required and no need to unlock the bootloader. All you need to do is flash the update using flashtool.