The CyanogenMod team announced Thursday that the Oppo N1 has just become the first CyanogenMod smartphone that passed Google’s CTS (compatibility test suite). This means that it can officially run Google apps and gain access to the Play Store without the need to of sideloading.
A thank you statement posted at Google groups says that “The Oppo N1 device running CyanogenMod 10.2 has officially passed Google’s CTS and CDD certification programs, which marks a major milestone for everyone in this project, not just those working on the N1 project itself. This has been something a long time in the making, ever since CM 4.0.4. “
“I’d like to think that we’ve always approached CM as something useful to release – not just a ‘me too’ OS or something just to hack on; we put honest thought into our implementations.”
In other related news CyanogenMod has received fresh funding of $23 million which the company will use to further advance its software. So far the company has had a great year despite the fact that popular app Root Manager was taken out of the Google Play Store for violating developer policies.
With the Oppo N1 becoming a Google certified product we’re sure that more CyanogenMod devices will also be certified next year. As far as which upcoming smartphones will be released running on CyanogenMod we are still not sure however one startup company called OnePlus might be using this custom ROM on their devices.
Oppo N1 Features
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support; penta-band 3G with HSPA
- 5.9″ 16M-color 1080p Super IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 373ppi
- Android OS 4.2.2 , CyanogenMod
- Quad-core 1.7 GHz Krait 300 CPU, 2 GB RAM, Adreno 320 GPU; Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset
- 13 MP autofocus camera, dual-LED flash; HDR, long exposure (up to 8 seconds), shutter remote
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps with HDR mode, continuous autofocus and stereo sound
- Touchpad on the back
- Dual-band Wi-Fi ac/a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA; Wireless TV-out (Miracast)
- GPS with A-GPS
- 16GB/32GB of built-in storage
- microUSB 2.0 port, USB on the go support
- Bluetooth v4.0
- 3610 mAh battery
via google groups