After Motorola’s Cyber Monday deal went awry and the subsequent apology issued by the CEO Dennis Woodside, we were told to expect a new and revised deal extended over two days (4th and 9th of December respectively). Today, we have a word on how Motorola plans to approach the revised Cyber Monday promotions and it looks pretty decently managed.
Firstly, users will have to sign up and register through the Motorola website today or Monday to receive a unique coupon code, which can be added with the purchase of the off contract Moto X at the Moto Maker checkout page. Sounds pretty simple, right? Well it is actually and Motorola has learned a valuable lesson after the mess caused by server overload a couple of days ago. Users can register only one smartphone per email address and the coupon code will be valid only for that particular email address. Have a glimpse at the guidelines set by Motorola below before heading over to the site to register for your off contract Moto X. Unfortunately, this coupon code cannot be applied with the Developer Edition Moto X.
- Go to motorola.com/holiday2daysale and register for the promotion starting at noon EST on the two sale days. You will know right away if quantities are still available.
- Once registered, you will be emailed a promo code within a few hours. This code is active for one week.
- Go to Moto Maker and design your phone within the one week window (take your time and have fun!).
- At checkout, enter your one-time promo code to receive $150 off the no-contract price in the shopping cart. (Your code only works once and for one phone.)
- Submit your order to get rocking with your custom Moto X in time for the holidays. Moto Maker will provide an estimated delivery date while you design your product and again at checkout. You will also receive an email when we start assembling your device as well as when it ships.*
Source: Motorola Blog
Via: Talk Android