We’ve featured a rumor recently about an upcoming device from LG called the LG GX which is said to be the successor to the LG Optimus G Pro phablet. Over at South Korea, LG has finally officially announced this device which comes with a 5.5 inch full HD IPS display, 2.6GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600, and 2 GB of RAM. There is also 32 GB of internal storage, a 13MP rear camera, 2.1MP front camera and a 3140mAh removable battery.
LG GX Technical Specifications
- Size: 150.6 x 76.1 x 9.2 mm
- Weight: 167g
- Color: Black, White
- Network: LTE / HSPA / EV-DO / VoLTE (U +), 2.6GHz broadband LTE support
- Chipset: Quadcore Snapdragon 600
- Display: 5.5 inch IPS Full HD
- Camera: Rear 1300 pixels, AF Camera / Front 2.1 million pixels
- Battery: 3,140 mAh removable
- Memory: 32GB eMMC / 2GB LPDDR2
- Operating System: Android Jelly Bean
- Other: BT 4.0 + HS / USB 2.0 HS / NF
Some of the highlighted features of this device include
- This feature provides the user with information from the lock screen such as time, weather, and appointments.
- Play music or watch videos from the lock screen.
- Ability to use the LG GX as a remote control for various consumer appliances at home.
This model also has the “knock on” feature which is available on the G2 which allows users to simply tap the screen of the device to bring it out of sleep mode.
The LG GX is priced at 850,000 to 890,000 Korean Won ($808.35 USD to $846.39 USD). It’s going to be released this early January and looks to be an exclusive device for LG U+ customers.
via lg korea