It’s that time of the year again where we give and receive presents. While we try to choose the best gifts to give to our friends and family what we may receive might not be to our liking at all. This may not happen all the time but in some instances you may receive a present placed inside a box of the latest Nexus device but instead find out that it’s only a pair of socks that’s inside.
The good news is that HTC is running a contest where you can exchange your bad gifts for the HTC One. Not a bad deal right?
Entering the promo is very simple. Just follow the steps outlined below.
- Follow HTC on Instagram at: www.instagram.com/htc
- Snap a photo of the gift and post it on Instagram
- Include a comment in the caption explaining why it is a “bad” gift (or a gift that you didn’t want)
- Include the hashtag, #ReplaceMyGift, in the caption
- Tag @HTC in the photo (You don’t have to call out @HTC in the caption, just tag us!)
HTC will be accepting entries until 11:59 PST on January 5, 2014 after which 12 winners will be chosen on or before January 10. By the way, the company does not want to get sued so don’t include any brand or company names in the photos. If anyone else is features in the photos make sure you have their permission.
Participants living in Australia, Canada, France, German, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, the UK, the US, and Vietnam are eligible to join the contest.
Here are some very compelling reasons why you should join the contest
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support; 3G with HSPA; LTE
- 4.7″ 16M-color 1080p Super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen with 469ppi pixel density
- Android OS 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), 4.3 (Jelly Bean), planned upgrade to 4.4 (KitKat)
- Quad-core 1.7 GHz Krait 300 CPU, 2 GB RAM, Adreno 320 GPU; Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset
- 4 MP autofocus “UltraPixel” camera with 1/3″ sensor size, 2µm pixel size; LED flash
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps with HDR mode, continuous autofocus and stereo sound
- HTC Zoe
- 2.1 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA; Wireless TV out
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- 32/64GB of built-in storage
- MHL-enabled microUSB port
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Aluminum unibody
- Front-mounted stereo speakers with BoomSound tech