One of the fastest growing Android device manufacturers in the world today has just announced a new member that will be joining its BLU Life Series of devices. BLU Products unveiled the BLU Life Pure, a 5-inch smartphone that emphasizes more on its design and software features.
CEO of BLU Products Samuel Ohev-Zion said that “The Life Pure as its name suggests is art in its purest form, created from a single piece polycarbonate using the latest CNC technology, then each individually hand crafted, resulting in beautifully designed hardware. When combined with equally stunning software, the final result is a device that should be appreciated as different and captivating to look at.”
BLU Life Pure comes with a 1080p HD 5-inch display with 441 PPI that’s fully coated and scratch resistant. The display provides some of the sharpest colors in a smartphone and also has great viewing angles. Also at the front of the device is a 5 MP camera that can be used to make video calls or to take excellent quality selfie shots.
- Network: 2G (GSM/GPRS/EDGE) 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, 3G (HSPA+ 42Mbps) 850/1900, 850/2100
- Display: 5.0 inch HD 1080 x 1920, with OGS and Full Lamination Scratch Resistant Touch Panel
- Processor: MediaTek MT6589T Quad-Core 1.5GHz Cortex-A7 with PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- OS: Android v4.2 Jelly Bean
- Camera: Rear – 13.0 megapixel, BSI Sensor, autofocus with LED Flash, Video Record 1080p @ 30fps; Front – 5.0 megapixel
- Connectivity: WiFi b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth v4.0, Hotspot, micro-USB, FM Radio, Wi-Fi Display
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro
- Memory: 32GB internal memory, 2GB RAM
- Dimensions: 142 x 69.4 x 7.7 mm, 128 grams
- Battery: Li-Ion 2000mAh
The rear camera used by this model is one of the best used in any BLU Products device. This 13 MP snapper comes with advanced technologies such as a second generation back-side illumination, anti-reflection coating, and a 5-element lens providing great quality shots.
The 1.5 GHz quad-core processor combined with 2 GB of RAM makes the device operate smoothly. Users will definitely enjoy having a lag free multitasking experience while those interested in Android gaming will not be disappointed with this device.
In the software front some of the improvements brought by the company include a custom user interface designed to make the device easier to use. Also included are smart gesture and motion sensor technology such as Smart Dial, Smart Answer, Alarm Pause, Gesture Answer, Picture Air Browse, and Video Smart Pause controls.
BLU Life Pure will be available in Matte Black or Ceramic White Finish and will be shipping out in US and Latin American markets. No specific date was provided as to when this device will become available however the company announced that future software updates will be available OTA via BLU’s over-the-air Wireless Update Feature. Expect to pay $349 for an unlocked unit.