Here’s good news for those who plan to purchase an Android smartphone over at Amazon. The online retail giant is offering a free 50 GB of online storage as part of its Cloud Drive promotion. There are several brands for you to choose from which includes Samsung, LG, HTC, and Motorola just to name a few.
There is however a catch to this promo. The 50 GB free storage space is only good for one year. After a year you will need to subscribe to the service in order to access your files. Subscription rates range from $10 a year for 20GB of storage to $500 a year for 1TB of storage. Your files won’t be deleted if you don’t subscribe to the service once the free offer ends.
If you are interested in this offer then all you have to do is browse through the qualified Android selections. Once you have checked out the device the 50 GB of promotional storage will be applied to your account within 10 days of purchase. This is on top of the free 5 GB of storage space you will be getting. This offer is valid until December 31st, 2013 at 11:59PM (PT).
Having difficulty choosing the right Android device for you? Here are our top picks.
Samsung Galaxy S4
- 5 inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display, 441 ppi with Gorilla Glass 3
- Android OS v4.2.2 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz UI
- Quad-core 1.9 GHz Krait 300 CPU, Adreno 320 GPU; Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset/ Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7, PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU; Exynos 5410 chipset
- 2GB of RAM
- 13 MP autofocus camera with LED flash,1080p video recording @ 30fps, continuous autofocus and stereo sound
- 2 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- 16GB/32/64GB of built-in storage
- microSD card slot
- microUSB port with USB host and MHL 2.0
- IR port for remote control functionality
- 2600 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- 5.7″ 16M-color 1080p (386ppi) Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Chipset, N9005 LTE model: Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800, 2.3GHz quad-core Krait 400, Adreno 330 GPU
- Chipset, N9000 HSPA model: Exynos 5 Octa 5420, 1.9GHz quad-core Cortex-A15 + 1.3Ghz quad-core Cortex-A7, ARM Mali-T628 MP6 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 32GB of inbuilt storage, microSD card slot, up to 64GB
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- 13MP camera; 2MP front-facing camera
- 3,200mAh battery
Motorola Moto X
- 4.7″ 16M-color 720p RGB AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 316ppi pixel density; Gorilla Glass
- Android OS v4.2.2 Jelly Bean with stock UI
- Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon Pro chipset with dual-core 1.7GHz Krait CPU; Adreno 320 GPU;
- 10 MP autofocus ClearPixel camera with LED flash
- 2 MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- 16/32GB of built-in storage; 2GB of RAM
- 2,200mAh battery