Before we start, please be reminded that this option is only available for rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone. So, if your phone is not rooted, you will not be able to see most of the options that you have to select in order to successfully wipe the Dalvik Cache.
Just so we are clear, be reminded as well that we are not encouraging you to root your phone in any way if you are not familiar with the process because there are risks associated with it like bricking your device when not done properly. Lastly, make sure that your important files are backed up because you will surely lose them after this process has been completed.
If you have understood the risks and you have already rooted your Samsung Galaxy S3, you can now proceed with this.
Clearing the Dalvik Cache of the Galaxy S3
Simply follow the steps enumerated below to complete the process:
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Enter Recovery Mode by holding down the Power, Volume Down and Home buttons altogether.
- When you get the black screen with the Recovery Mode message, let go off the keys.
- Use the Volume key to navigate your way on the options. Use it to highlight Advanced in the given choices. Press the Home key to select it.
- Choose Wipe Dalvik Cache using the same method in the previous step.
- When the confirmation message appears, just scroll down until you reach the option that says, “Yes – Wipe Dalvik Cache”. Then select it.
- After that, select the “Go Back” option.
- Choose Wipe Data/ Factory Reset.
- Again, you will encounter a confirmation message wherein you have to select “Yes”.
- Upon seeing the “Data Wipe Complete” message on the bottom of your screen, choose “Wipe Cache Partition” and confirm your action by selecting “Yes”.
- When you see the message that says “Complete”, choose Reboot and wait until your phone starts normally.
Why Wipe the Dalvik Cache
Wiping the Dalvik Cache of your Galaxy S3 is important after installation of a new firmware to remove any incompatible files left behind by your old one. This method is also a good way to fix various errors in your device like the Wi-Fi auto connect issue, “Storage Space Running Low” error and others if all possible solutions have failed.
For questions or ideas that you wish to share to us regarding this subject, feel free to email us at [email protected].