The Galaxy S III Mini may be over a year old but that isn’t stopping Samsung from releasing it again in the market. The company has partnered with Swarovski to come up with the Galaxy S III Mini Crystal Edition which is available today in Germany for €299 (about $402).
What makes the Galaxy S III Mini Crystal Edition unique is that it is laden with 166 Swarovski crystal beautifully designed at its battery cover. The company is definitely targeting the female market with this unit. Aside from the crystals everything about this new device is the same as the original version.
Samsung Galaxy S III Mini Technical Specifications
- Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support
- 14.4 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA support
- 4.0″ 16M-color Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of WVGA (480 x 800 pixel) resolution
- Android OS 4.1 Jelly Bean with Nature UX
- 1 GHz dual-core Cortex-A9 CPU, Mali-400 MP GPU, 1GB of RAM
- 5 MP autofocus camera with a powerful LED flash, face and smile detection
- VGA secondary front-facing camera
- 720p HD video recording at 30fps
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n support; DLNA and Wi-Fi hotspot
- GPS with A-GPS connectivity; digital compass
- 8/16GB of inbuilt storage, microSD slot
- Accelerometer, gyroscope and proximity sensor
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- microUSB port
- Stereo Bluetooth v3.0
- FM radio with RDS
In terms of design this version definitely looks good and makes a great companion when brought to any formal event.
Reviewing its specifications after more than a year shows that the device has really aged. While most entry level devices now sport quad core processors the Crystal Edition still uses a 1 GHz dual core processor combined with 1 GB of RAM. The device can still provide a smooth Android experience with few to no hiccups at all.
Samsung has yet again come up with the perfect fashion accessory for the fashion-conscious woman with this model. The company also previously released the Galaxy S III La Fleur Edition which also targeted women.
There’s still no information if this device will be making its way to the international market.
via samsung germany