Last September Chinese smartphone maker Oppo revealed its latest smartphone called the N1 which came with notable features such as a 5.9-inch display and a 13-megapixel camera placed on an adjustable hinge. Today, the device has finally gone on sale in China with a price of CNY3498 ($574). Only 10,000 units are available from the Oppo website which can be availed of on a first come first serve basis.
Oppo N1 Technical Specifications
- 10,000 units OS: ColorOS with Android 4.2.2 / CyanogenMod
- Display: 5.9-inch IPS Full HD 1080p
- Processor: 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Quad Core
- GPU: Adreno 320
- RAM: 2 GB
- O-Touch: Slide up or down, left or right, tap, double tap and long press for different functionality
- O-Click: Bluetooth accessory for remote control and security purposes.
- Camera: 13-megapixel sensor with dedicated ISP, Flash Dual-mode LED, Aperture f/2.0
- Scene modes: Normal, Panorama, High Speed, Rewind, Beautify, and Slow Shutter
- Storage: 16 / 32 GB
- Dimensions: 170.7 x 82.6 x 9 mm
- Weight: 213 g
- Sensors: Distance sensor, Light sensor, G-sensor, 4D Gyroscope
- Battery capacity: 3610 mAh
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- WCDMA: 850/900/1700/1900/2100MHz
- Connectivity: USB OTG, Bluetooth 4.0, 5G Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Display, GPS
The version that’s available right now is the one running on Color OS. This is the company’s own take on Android that comes with several unique features. The limited edition version that comes with CyanogenMod will still be shipping out later this year.
Some of the key features of Color OS include
- Better battery life
- Real weather for homescreen
- Better Notification design
- Can login to Google
- System wide Dolby, Dirac HD Sound
- Better Camera Feature: Choose resolution ( HD 1080p, 720p, SD 480p), Scene mode, Slo-mo video, better HDR, Cover search mode and Scan-paste barcode
- Custom gestures
- Car mode application
- Virus detection
- Fluid and no lag at the moment
- Better Music application design
Oppo is proud to announce that the N1 camera is made out of 67 different components and uses a six-piece lens design. This is the first Android smartphone to feature this design.
It is still doubtful that the N1 running on Color OS will get an international release however the CyanogenMod version will definitely be making its way to the international market.